Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Photobucket

In this E-letter three very important points about polarization is that not all issues have two totally equal sides, you should express yourself and speak up about your opinion, and that someones opinion is a valuable resource. Not every issue is plain black and white, with 2 equal sides, sometimes the other person is just plain wrong no matter how hard they argue. The best part of living in America is the fact that we can speak our opinions and think how we want. There is no reason to hide your thoughts and feelings. Just as important that you feel your opinion is, someone else feels the same about theirs. Everyones opinion is a valuable resource when trying to figure out the source of a problem and how to solve it.

I will have to admit that at times I can contribute to the argumentative attitudes and polarizations. Even though lacrosse is a recreational sport, to me playing is not just a game. I take things very seriously and dont mess around, I feel like I am in it to win it and no one can stop me. There have been many instances when things get heated on the field seeing as I play center. I am always in the middle of the game and very competitive. Now that I am injured and dont play there is no outlet for my competitiveness and arguments so I feel like currently I do not contribute to polarization is America.

2 comments:

  1. I talked to you (Mrs. Bolduc-Simpson) on Monday about how I was confused and did the wrong blog post. I just wanted you to know that I completed it, and commented on 2 other posts!

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you played lacrosse. Thanks for posting. Watch your use of the apostrophe in your writing (everyone's opinion, don't, etc.)
    Thanks for posting to two of your peers' posts.

    ReplyDelete