Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blog 2:Kisan Chhotalal

I chose the points Strak stated at the end of his e-letter; which are, “not all issues have two equal sides”, “an opinion is a valuable resource” and “don’t be scared to speak up.” These points clearly help acknowledge the polarization in America. When stating an issue, it can have multiple sides to it, rather than just two. Also opinions are valuable resources, without them you can’t be open to suggestions. Speaking up also helps get your opinion out to the people. If you don’t speak up then no one will hear what you have to say, and you will have to settle for other people’s opinions.

I can say I have contributed to our argumentative culture. When I tend to play sports or just do any normal thing. Like when I was young the littlest things would anger me and I would go off on anyone. In sports I would tend to argue with the players and take out my frustration on the other team. Most of the time I would get into trouble and have to think about my actions, but now I’ve learned to control it and I don’t get as angry anymore, but there are them times.

3 comments:

  1. It's hard not to argue especially when it comes to sports and especially if your competitive. I use to have this same problem but I've been getting better at not being so argumentative with things that I am passionate about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a good point about how teams have to use cooperation and collaboration to win. It is hard to temper one's anger with things that one is passionate about. I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve. Although I don't yell a lot, people know I am angry. I have mellowed out more as I grow old...ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your post, it is hard to keep your composure when it is something that you are passionate about. It takes time to mature enough to realize its not all about winning.

    ReplyDelete