Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blog Post 2 Chad Isenhart

Strack states that our agonistic culture encourages us to face the world and its people in an adversarial frame of mind. Some examples that might suggest that we Americans contribute to both "the appetite for and the rise in polarization, conflict, and argument" personally would be argument might just be instinct. I don't know about you but I have the desire to pick on and annoy my little siblings. I always find myself hungry for the appetite to drive my little sister up the wall. Politics are always trying to to raise conflict and argument wether they know it or not. Especially all the debating they do in Congress. I have not contributed to this polarization in an ways at all. I don't know how I could make an impact to counter America's argument culture but I could start by maybe creating a website that acts against polarization and argument. I think its a fairly easy way to say something and spread word.

2 comments:

  1. Creating a website could be a great way to spread the way and I agree that it would be easy to start up a website advocating against the polarization and argument in America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea about a blog for a more Rogerian world. Until we focus on common ground, we will always have wars, arguments, and conflict.
    Our argument culture is so ingrained in us I don't know how we can get out of the hole we have dug ourselves into.

    ReplyDelete