Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Snuggie Commercial Analysis by Annie Anderson




The informercial I watched was the one about the Snuggie. Within the first six seconds, the company mentions one hot topic: saving money. Instantly I recognize the "Appeal to Emotion" tactic. They are trying to appeal to someone who is very cold but has to use their hands and wants to save money by not using heat. Also, another tactic I recognized is "Association" The advertizers are associating the Snuggie with being warm while saving money. I think that these two ways of getting the customer to buy your products works great. Someone who is interested in something like this to keep you warm will want this no matter what, but adding in the saving money part and people feel like they can't say no!

2 comments:

  1. Did you notice, though, that there were no people your age. I think the target audience was either older people that have a tendancy to get cold more and young kids.

    The look of the snuggie might not appeal to people your age. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I guess I never really noticed that. I was so blown away by this product becuase I wanted it very badly! I am ALWAYS cold!!!! The product sold me as soon as I saw the material of the Snuggie because it looks very warm..lol

    ReplyDelete