Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pepsi Max Commercial Analysis by Ashley Johnson



This commercial could be used to attract a wide range of audiences. The song itself is funny to kids, teens, and adults. The Pepsi marketing team created their idea for the commercial from the 1998 movie, A Night at the Roxbury. My favorite part was at the end when they incorporated Chris Kattan, one of the actors in A Night at the Roxbury, into the commercial. This commercial uses glittering generalities in the sense that everyone is falling asleep, but after they drink Pepsi Max they are wide awake. I could see this product being very popular to teens and young adults, since we all try to stay awake during classes, even though sometimes it’s not easy.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sending this to me. Play with blogger on your own blog and I'm sure you will figure it out.
    What do you mean that this product is needed because so many college students fall asleep in classes.....not mine, I hope...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the commercial, it is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete